Our church has a women's Bible study that I've attended (I took some time off to care for my mother-in-law with dementia, who recently passed, so I'm able to attend,)
Since I've attended in the past, it's not like "oh, they're going to 1 Corinthians, I should go!"
And they are going through 1 Corinthians.
We had made a commitment to our pastors that we would not "proselytize" but if it comes up organically I can openly make my position known and I can defend it.
Interestingly, the group leaders have side-stepped a bit and gave out an outline with chapter 11 titled "headship." Yes, headship is there, but so is the application.
My book will be out in all three formats before then, I won't advertise in the group and I won't give out the books, but I'm sure Phil will put it out of Facebook so folks at church will know it's there.
It will be interesting
For the record, I've had only positive comments (except for one) in conversations at church. The men my husband rubs shoulders with...seem to agree with us. One friend told me that she really liked the way I am intentional about what I wear.

No comments:
Post a Comment